There’s never been a better time to work in the commercial construction and steel erection industry. Competitive pay, benefits, exciting locations, and notable projects are waiting for you to put your name behind them. With an emphasis on safety, GS Steel focuses on new construction and expansion of multistory buildings, warehouses, hospitals, schools, commercial buildings, and more. If you have experience in the commercial construction and steel erection industry, we want to hear from you.
- Climb and work at tall heights in confined spaces
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place
- Bolts aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place
- Operate cranes at all boom lengths, angles, and positions during continual location changes
- Control crane movement according to hand signals or radio commands
- Responsible for the operation of hydraulic and/or cable equipment to lift and move materials, machines, and/or products
- Perform daily equipment inspection, assembly, and preventative maintenance
- Ensure continuous safety while operating equipment
- Conduct and plan for heavy lifts
Successful candidates must have previous foreman experience and the ability to pass drug and background checks. This job requires a high school diploma or equivalent and prior years of experience in the given field or in a related area. Applicants will report to the site supervisor. Must be able to understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision. While also having the willingness to work overtime, in all weather conditions and in various locations in central Tennessee and Kentucky.
- Supervise and oversee job-site activities, staffing, and work schedules
- Oversee site quality, budgets, and issue progress reports
- Promote and execute safe work practices at all times
- Work with management on tasks such as project planning and bid estimation
- Oversee crew member skills training
- Uphold safety requirements on all levels
- Perform quality checks on equipment
- Conduct dispute resolutions between workers when needed
Need More Information?
Not finding the answers you’re looking for or need to get in touch? Follow the link below to reach out. We’ll be in touch as soon as possible.